Tuesday 10 August 2010

FMP ideas

I've reccently been thinking about what I'm going to be doing for my final year project. I've had a few ideas going around my brain for quite a while. However, I think I've narrowed it down to a few ideas (finally):

OLYMPIC GAMES MULTIMEDIA PROJECT:

I figured that this project might be a good one simply because it's current, it's got good research potential and almost everyone in the world would be able to access it. That gives me a fantastic challenge... how on earth do I make something that anyone can access? The answer.... no language... Having a product that relies on imagery and symbols... wow... that is a challenge, but accessibility wise, the idea would be phenominally outreaching.

WORLD WAR TWO EDUCATIONAL  SOFTAWARE:

Now I am aware that there are probably quite a good number of these types of things around, also with holocaust memorial day having a fantastic presence online already click this.
I want to do something a little different, through multimedia follow the life of one solider and his ordeals during the war... and then alternatively his families at home. But I want it to be edgy and dark... I want to aim at the older end of school/ college kids. Maybe it could be used in class or at a museum.

INTERACTIVE VISUAL NOVEL:

After loving the new media narrative module last year. I'd love to make something as amazing as this. Ceremony of Innocence is a masterpiece in new media story telling. And I want to make something with this feel. The whole experience is fabulous...

I'm not sure whether I'd make a new story up all together or, alternatively find a story to make into a new media novel like this story was. I'm not sure... but to do something like this would be my favourite project... I feel there is a need to push the boundaries of new media storytelling... It's my main interest in new media... I mean, I like games, but games and new media narratives aren't the same are they?

Ho hum...

No comments:

Post a Comment