Tuesday 26 October 2010

Inspiration- Interaction



I have to confess one of the main inspirations for this new media narrative comes from the 'ceremony of innocence' piece. The playful interface is truly incredible for the time it was made... and the originality of the interaction is spectacular.

I also think that some of the playfulness of this interface is good, also the visual rendering for this interface is beautiful.
http://www.dreamingmethods.com/uploads/dm_archive/objects/html/d_object_175487_100913_thickbox.html

However, I don't think that either of these interfaces are quite explicit enough in their action. When I plan to create the interface, I hope that the characters will be able to give some form of instruction to the user without it detracting from the experience (I don't want them to think 'oh... the character is telling me what to do' I want them to to want do what the character's suggest.)

Although I had another example, I am struggling to find any reference of it. It was a Leonardo Da Vinci game that was designed for the Windows 90/95 pack... I will find more details on this soon... I'm determined. Basically put, it was a puzzle solving game where you were trapped in a maze of rooms and you had to use the drawings of leonardo da vinci to help you escape e.g. the flying machine, the pulley system... etc etc. This was an excellent narrative, which sucessfully made the tasks obvious, without being overly explicit.

No comments:

Post a Comment