Wednesday 3 November 2010

Name and logo for project?



I'm going to start writing my report shortly, therefore I'm trying to come up with  some sort of brand name. I've spent a while trying to think of what words to put in the title, and what I want the title to convey about the product. I want to use the word rejuvenation, because I think it accurately describes what I'm trying to do with this project:
re·ju·ve·nate  tr.v. re·ju·ve·nat·ed, re·ju·ve·nat·ing, re·ju·ve·nates
1. To restore to youthful vigor or appearance; make young again.
2. To restore to an original or new condition: rejuvenate an old sofa.
(taken from "http://www.thefreedictionary.com/rejuvenation")
I'm trying to restore the original stories and make them 'young' again. By bringing them up to date and using a new platform, I'm hoping to give them a new lease of life. 
I'm not 100% happy with this wording, I'm not sure if 'Classic rejuvenation Project' makes sense on it's own and it's due to change.
I might also change the wording of the bottom bit, I don't want people to think the stories were 'dead' which 'bringing old stories back to life' suggest.
 
I want the visual style of the logo to be simple, because as a project, this header would need to cater for lots of different titles, so I want a banner that can be used for every kind of story regardless of genre.
I wanted to go with a san-serif font because it seems more modern and contemporary. I think sometimes people can associate serif fonts with 'classic' 'old' 'authoritative' texts (e.g. Times New Roman being a font designed for 'The Times' newspaper.

I think this is something I'll be working on for a while, but at least its in the back of my mind.
(I now have 30 people who have answered the survey. Good times).

No comments:

Post a Comment