Monday 30 August 2010

Having a great time....

So it's been a while... but I've reccently been out and about in the world, visiting Edinburgh and going to Liverpool at the Matthew street festival... both of which were fantastic... tomorrow I'm handing over to one clients and then handing over to another one next week

But... now comes to serious business... I was thinking of my project some more... On the way home from Edinburgh... I was reading the book 'invisable cities' which is a fantastic book, it's one of those very intellectual books to read, but at the same time, the themes in it and the story itself should be shared with everyone in the world regardless of what their reading ability may be... and this book is so very visual in it's lushcious descriptions... (THIS BOOK IS BEGGING FOR A NEW MEDIA MAKE OVER IN MY MIND)

it then got me a thinking....

There are so many books like this... so many classics that people may have heard of but have probably never read... so this lead me to thinking... surely new media can give something new to these stories?
and after watching this demo of HTML 5 http://www.thewildernessdowntown.com/ I thought it might be a good idea to buy some classic books and get reading.... So at the weekend I bought

Journey to the Centre of the Earth- Jules Verne
Doctor Jekyl and Mister Hyde- Robert Stevenson
Sherlock Homles- Sir Arthur Conan Dolye
The Picture of Dorian Gray- Oscar Wilde

All for a £5.... brand new... I love HMV sales... I'll let you know if anything develops

No comments:

Post a Comment